What’s in the name?
Mtree refers to Maidenhair Tree, the old popular name of the Ginkgo Biloba. This is a fascinating and unique species of tree. As a species it traces back more than 200 million years and individual trees can live longer than 3000 years. This enormous tenacity was again made clear in more recent history when it was one of the very few living things that survived the A-bomb blast in Hiroshima.
Surely it is with this symbolic reference to tenacity, strength and sustainability in mind that Mtree Capital Partners chose its name. It is reflective of the believe of Mtree Capital Partners in the role that it can play alongside boutique investment management organisations and institutional investors in building stronger portfolios, a more sustainable investment management industry and a more stable financial eco-system as whole.
About Owen Thiers
- 16 years of experience in financial services
- Former Head of Institutional Clients at Citigroup Alternative Investments, a USD +50 Bn alternatives manager across private equity, private infrastructure, private real estate, variety of hedge funds, credit, multi-asset, emerging markets.
- Former Head of institutional sales for the Netherlands at Deutsche Bank Asset management and former product specialist absolute return funds at DB Absolute Return Strategies
- Former member of the advisory committee of the institutional investor roundtable, a discrete group of the globally largest institutional investors
- Member of the project team establishing the European supranational financial institute for crisis resolution
- Co-founding member of working group on alternatives within Dutch analyst association
- Deep and wide investment management expertise beyond capital raising : fund manager, product development, product strategy , strategy consulting
- Specialized in large institutional investors and alternative investment propositions
- MSc Economics (HUB Brussels), MPhil Financial sciences (University Antwerp)